Easy Peasy Floral Hairband

I had been thinking of what my first tutorial would be, trying to decide on the easiest possible thing to make. I finally chose something and while i was on it, my lil' rugrats (niece and nephew) decide that was the best time to get all up in my business,lol. I had so far been doing a fine job of keeping them out of my crafting space but today I let my guard down and true to kiddie nature, they took full advantage...sigh. I was bombarded with questions like "Aunty Imo what is this?", "What does this do?" only to have the answer to that followed up by "Why??" and I'm like "Ehmmm, 'cos that's the way it was made" and of course another "Why??" follows that. Sigh. And then I try to ignore them....BIG mistake! Their fingers then get busy, touching, prodding,licking,smelling...the kids win every single time. I gave up and then ask my niece if she would like me to make something for her and of course she excitedly says yes. I looked around and saw a mutilated fake flower head ( which one of them was undoubtedly responsible for) and that was how my little (most times) angels gave me the idea for the easiest beginner tutorial. Okay enough of the story, let's get to it.
Busy hands driving me crazy.lol

You would need;
-Elastic band
-Needle and Thread
-Scissors
-Beads or a button
-Glue
-Felt or wool interfacing.
 First of all, measure the elastic to fit the head, add an inch of allowance to that and then sew the ends together preferably using a back-stitch.
 Now, take your flower head and remove the plastic base and stamen. It comes off pretty easily with a little pulling.

Then, sew the layers of the flower together, knotting the thread on the underside.


 Now attach the elastic and you're halfway done! Don't worry about the threads showing, they would be covered up.Make sure your stitches are tight.
 Now for the second part which is optional, you can use wither beads or a button to decorate the center of the flower. I chose to use the beads. Underneath the button and beads is some wool interfacing.



Beads Sewn in. Tada!
 Finally, we want to hide all that thread underneath. Cut some felt or wool interfacing ( I used the button as a template) in a small circle. Next, put some glue on it, I used UHU glue (sorry, it's not shown) and put it smack in the center....and you are done!
All neat looking.

 And voila! 10 minute easy peasy hairband. Everyone is happy. I sent them off to show Grandma and anyone else they could find while I locked the door behind them and worked on the next tutorial in peace.lol.
This would make a cute gift for baby girls. You can get all types of flowers and make a batch of them in no time at all. Even better,this cost me nothing!
If you make some of this,I would  love to see pictures. Email me at hazelandcinnamon@gmail.com.,
Thanks for dropping by.xx





CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top