Upcycled Bottle Vases (Part 3)



Welcome back! Okay this is the final bottle vase post..phew! This is the glam edition, haha. I loooove glitter, so I just had to use it on something.
For this part, you would need;
- Empty bottles: I had a mason jar( jam jar), empty snapple bottle and a hurricane lamp.
-Mod podge
-Spray paint
-Painter's tape or Masking tape
-Sponge
-Puff Paint
-Glitter

Glittered Mason Jar

After putting on the glitter, shake off the excess and dab on another layer of mod podge. This helps to seal in the glitter. I used matte mod podge to tone down the shine of the glitter.
PS: Mod podge dries clear, so you won't see all those white patches in the end.

Welch's Bottle Up-do

After peeling off the label, use methylated spirit to remove residual glue and paper from the bottle. Tape off the area you do not wish to paint and apply spray paint in a well ventilated area. Use a face mask or something to cover your nose while spraying please. Apply mod podge to the unpainted area after paint has dried and pour on your glitter as shown in the first pictures. Shake off excess and apply a top coat of mod podge.

Hurricane Lamp.
This one was a bit rough around the edges but I still love it anyway. Hurricane lamps don't have a base so they can't act as a vase on their own, so you would need to put a paper cup or some other slim cup in the lamp to hold your stems.

Puff paint is that stuff we used as kids to paint names on our t-shirts. It's the white bottle with the red cap.
Use the puff paint to write what you want on the bottle and allow to dry. I tried to create a stencil using a paper punch and stuck it on d bottle with a smidgen of mod podge. Next, I attacked it with a bottle of spray paint. After the paint was dry, I tried to take out the stencil and noticed the paint had 'bled' underneath. So I
just put a layer of mod podge over it to stick it on permanently then sprayed on another coat of paint.

PS: If you look closely, you would see sections where the paint dripped. This happened because I sprayed on too close. You need to spray at a small distance (I'm bad at metric measurements so I cant give you an exact distance) so that you have a nice even coat.


 And that wraps up this uber long segment! Thanks for stopping by.xx

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Loving everything here! You know I've fallen in love with home decor too, will drive all my readers here when. Get my home decor posts up! So excited!

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top